Monday, July 22, 2013

Meal Planning


So the Farmgirl Sisterhood entries on Knowing Your FoodRecipes, and Organic on a Budget aren't the best.  Knowing your food, eating local, and going organic/unprocessed is great, but there's no need to be a busybody to other people about it.  Compiling your family recipes is a sweet idea...if you have a family. And Organic on a Budget is more about shilling her baking mix than anything.  

Let's see if we can keep this simple and efficient.  According to legend Ethel Kennedy had a three week rotating meal plan.  Let's keep the idea and do her one better.:

Requirements:

1 - Compile a notebook with 24 recipes for dinner type meals (we have salad every day for lunch & my husband is only home for dinner 4 nights a week) 

- Make at least 75% of them Paleo/Primal (No grains/beans/processed carbs)


- Make at least 25% of them with at least six servings

2 - Using this notebook plan 6 weeks of menus

3 - Using the plan create six weeks of grocery lists.

4 - Rotate through the plan twice, for a total of twelve weeks

1 comment:

  1. So far this has and has not been working for us. I tried setting up a 24 week meal plan only to find that when we went all organic it was too expensive and too complicated. So now I have a four week rotating meal plan consisting of 9 meals:

    - Homemade pizza
    - Homemade nachos
    - Buffalo stir-fry
    - Meatloaf dinner
    - Roast chicken (spiced 4 different ways)
    - Moroccan style chicken soup
    - Chicken and Rice soup
    - Mulligatawny soup
    - Farmhouse chowder

    Based on that I came up with four different grocery lists (since we shop the co-op/farmer's market weekly) and have been rotating through. I'm completely my first rotation this week, two more and I say I will have earned that badge. From now on if I want to adjust my menu I only have to add in meals, the structure will be there.

    ReplyDelete